The soft opening is between September 1 and October 28, 2018.
Official exhibition period is between November 3, 2018 (Fri.) and April 24, 2019 (Tues.), totaling 173 days.
In addition, Volunteer Day is set between April 25 and 28, 2019.
Weekdays (Sunday to Thursday):
AM09 : 00 to PM19 : 00
Holiday (Friday to Saturday):
AM09 : 00 to PM21 : 00 (Waipu Park Area : PM19 : 00)
Weekdays : PM16 : 00 - PM19 : 00
Holiday : PM16 : 00 ~PM21 : 00 (Waipu Park Area : PM19 : 00)
Q4 Where is the 2018 Taichung World Flora Exposition? What activities are available at the respective park area?Ans：
Houli Horse Ranch & Forest Park Area
Theme: Paradise of Flowers and Horses, Forest Garden
Feature: Ecosystem - Nature - Coexistence
Exhibition Halls: Expo Pavilion, Horse Riding Obstacle Course, Pavilion of Discovery and Pavilion of Exploration
Area: 30.04 hectares
Waipu Park Area
Theme: The Home of Flowers and Fruits
Feature: Production – Green – Sharing
Exhibition Halls: Green Energy Pavilion, Pavilion of Nature
Area: 14.32 hectares
Fengyuan Huludun Park
Theme: Waterfront Floral City
Feature: Culture-Life-Mutual Good
Exhibition Hall: Floral Feast Pavilion
Area: 16.52 hectares
Inside the Houli Horse Ranch & Forest Park Area are: Floral Exhibition Hall, Show Jumping Stadium, Discovery Pavilion, Explorer Pavilion (Visitor Center).
Waipu Park Area features Green Pavilion, Nature House.
Fengyuan Huludun Park Area features Floral Banquet Hall.
Q6 What is the difference between domestic/foreign exhibition curating and exhibition participation?Ans：
1. Foreign exhibition curating involves inviting foreign organizations to participate and compete in the exhibition. Qualified foreign organizations include AIPH members, organizations representing various countries, various enterprises and corporations from different countries, world-renowned flower gardens and sister cities of Taichung City.
2. Domestic exhibition curating involves inviting domestic organizations to participate and compete in the exhibition. Qualified domestic organizations include government offices of various municipalities, related enterprises and corporations, organizations in Taiwan as well as schools and horticulture related businesses etc.
The cultural and art performance activities organized during the Flora Expo will be focused on Taichung’s culture, where important research on the city’s culture and history will be conducted before inviting the finest performance troupes from domestic and abroad are invited to curate art exhibitions. Furthermore, local resources including culture, art, industry, ecology and tourism are integrated to reinforce the cultural depth of the Flora Expo.
(1) The Taichung Arts Festival is held between 2016 and 2019 every year as precursor to the 2018 Taichung World Flora Exposition to promote the event with floral theme art performances.
(2) Major performances for the opening and closing ceremony.
(3) Over 1,200 theater performances have been planned for the 3 major park areas throughout the Flora Expo to showcase the tremendous talent of various performance troupes as well as unleash the artistic energy of local performance groups.
(4) Outdoor performances at the Flora Expo park areas: 14,000 performances are expected to be held in multiple outdoor spaces by a plethora of street artists.
Shuttle buses are available at bus stations in various park areas, including Houli Horse Ranch & Forest Park Area station, Fengyuan Huludun Park station and Waipu Park Area station.
In order to minimize impact on local traffic during the Flora Expo, the overall traffic management principle adopted is “Use public transport as priority and restrict private vehicles”, where the strategy of “Three Dispersions and Two Centralizations” is implemented to control traffic and transportation service in three major park areas (Houli, Fengyuan and Waipu).
1. Three dispersions refer to “Space, vehicle and time dispersion”, these are described below:
(1) Space dispersion: For visitors traveling from other municipalities, National Highway No. 1 and No. 4 are used as the main route for accessing Houli. In addition to Provincial Highway No. 13 (Sanfeng Rd.) serving as the thoroughfare for south-north traffic in Houli District, other access roads such as the westbound access road for Central Taiwan Science Park, southbound three-in-one access road for Central Taiwan Science Park, southbound access road of Shengang Interchange, National Highway No. 4 on the west side of Yuemei spanning across Dajia River and access road for Flora Expo Waipu Park Area have been developed to strengthen the connectivity and comprehensiveness of the Flora Expo’s regional road network.
(2) Vehicle dispersion: This strategy focuses on railway transportation by adding the East Station at Houli Station and by increasing the number of trains and carriages during peak hours in order to improve transport capacity. At the same time, shuttle buses around transfer stations and peripheral car parks are provided in order to expedite the transportation of people to various park areas and pavilions.
(3) Time dispersion: Strategic planning of opening hours and marketing of ticket prices. For example, night-time tickets, weekday concession tickets and outdoor guided tour for elementary school and junior high school students are implemented to disperse crowd and prevent overcrowding, thereby relieving the pressure on traffic during the holidays. Moreover, frontline personnel will receive training and drills in advance in order to make sure that each person can guide and control visitors in a precise manner, in turn achieving the desired benefits of separating pedestrian traffic flows.
2. Two centralizations refer to the “Centralization of pedestrian traffic in order to optimize the efficiency of the shuttle service, as well as the centralization of car parks and prevention of private vehicles from entering restricted areas” strategy:
(1) Centralization of pedestrian traffic in order to optimize the efficiency of the shuttle service: Taiwan Railways Administration will establish the East Station at Houli Station in order to enhance service efficiency. The station is connected to Houli shuttle bus station, allowing visitors to walk to the Horse Ranch Park and forest park area via the footbridge after disembarking at Houli Station. In addition, large shuttle bus is available connecting Houli East Station to the Horse Ranch Park area, while medium size priority shuttle buses connect the forest park area to the Horse Ranch Park area and Houli East Station.
(2) Centralization of car parks and prevention of private vehicles from entering restricted areas: Traffic intercept circles and parking lots are established along thoroughfares, while shuttle buses serve to transport people between nearby train stations and parking lots to prevent vehicles from flooding into the Flora Expo park area. Furthermore, pedestrian control areas and vehicle traffic control points are established inside the Flora Expo park area and the surrounding areas to manage traffic volume and maintain smooth traffic flow.
Q11 What measures have been taken for 2018 Taichung World Flora Exposition in relation to fire, medical and security services?Ans：
With regards to emergency medical service coordination, the city’s emergency medical service resources (including 16 hospital with first-rate capabilities, paramedics, ambulance operators and the Red Cross etc.) has been integrated to provide medical service during the Flora Expo. By protecting Flora Expo visitors and ensuring their safety, they will be able to enjoy their journey and return home safe and sound.
Total construction and development facilitates progress in the green industry as well as related industries including agriculture, biotechnology, leisure & tourism and academic research, in turn generating economic benefits such as employment, green products and services. As a result, the momentum is set to expand to the entire northern Taichung region to sustain continual economic developments. Increased working population, regional marketing & promotion, tourism development and infrastructure construction will act as the driving force in transforming Taichung into a smart city, while the city’s local history and culture serve to showcase Taichung’s diverse art talents, thereby generating the economic benefits of cultural resources and developing Taiwan’s cultural diversity.